If you miss your mashed potatoes on keto, we have the perfect substitute recipe! Again, you can make different versions of this according to your taste by adding extra herbs or spices. We like to add a pinch of paprika powder, to give it an extra special taste.
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. You will have 8 portions of mashed cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets (about 3 pounds or 1 1/2 kg)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch of paprika powder (the secret ingredient 😉)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower in a steamer over a large pot of boiling water. Steam for 15 minutes until tender. Alternatively, boil cauliflower in salted water for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Remove and drain. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- Heat the butter over medium high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Blend cauliflower and garlic in a food processor on high setting until smooth. You may need to do this in batches of two or three, depending on the size of your processor.
- Transfer blended cauliflower into the pot with the garlic. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika powder.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g |
For our Dutch Speaking Keto Fans: