Love chocolate and peanut butter? Then you’ll love these keto friendly peanut butter cups. They’re the go-to candy for Halloween that is coming up next month! They are easy to make and just delicious.
About the chocolate
In this recipe we use 100% cacao chocolate. If you taste this chocolate on it’s own, you’ll notice that the taste is very strong, because it’s unsweetened and pure. That’s why we added 6 tablespoons of erythritol to it, to give it the right amount of sweetness.
This recipe will take about 40 minutes to prepare (including freezing time) 5 minutes to cook and will give you 6 delicious keto peanut butter cups.
For the chocolate layers:
- 5 oz / 140 grams of 100% cacao, unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons of powdered erythritol
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the peanut butter filling:
- 4 tbs of organic peanut butter
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of powdered erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Line a muffin pan with parchment paper liners (or candy cups).
- Heat the chocolate, erythritol, coconut oil and vanilla extract together on the stove on low heat. (you can also do this in the microwave)
- Fill the bottom of the parchment cups evenly with chocolate (about 2 tsp (10 mL) in each), keep some chocolate mixture left for the top. Freeze for 10 minutes, until at least the top is firm.
- While the bottoms are in the freezer, heat up the peanut butter together with the coconut oil, erithrytol, vanilla extract and Himalayan salt, stir until smooth.
- Take the bottoms out of the freezer and spoon a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture onto the center of each cup over the chocolate layer. It will spread a little into a circle, but not quite reach the edges, which is what you want. Freeze for another 10 minutes, until at least the top is firm.
- Heat up the left over of the chocolate mixture you made before and pour the chocolate into the cups, over the peanut butter layer (about 2 tsp (10 mL) in each). The chocolate will fill the empty space on the sides of the peanut butter circles and also cover the top.
- Return to the freezer for at least 20-30 minutes, until completely firm. Store in the refrigerator.
Find your ingredients on Amazon: