It’s pumkin season! The days are getting colder and shorter, and you might be turning on the stove already. Why not add a delicious keto friendly soup to it to warm you up?
This recipe is very easy to make. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. This recipe will provide 6 servings.
Calories: 120 kcal | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Fiber: 5 g | Net Carbs: 2 g |Protein: 2 g | Fat: 9 g
- 1 can 15 oz (425g) of pumpkin puree or home made pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices of smoked bacon (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- pinch of dried parsley (optional)
- Add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika powder and onion powder to a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, so the flavours melt together.
- Remove from the heat, and add the heavy cream.
- You can add some sour cream and garnish with some dried parsley if you like.
- You can also cook some bacon, chop it in pieces and add to the soup to serve.