Missing those fast food cheese burgers on keto? Not anymore! With this recipe, you can have a burger that is actually healthy for you! Only 3,3 g of net carbs!
For this recipe we’re using the mini waffle maker from Dash. If you don’t have a mini waffle maker you can just use a regular waffle maker. We like to use the mini one, so it really looks like a bun.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. You will get 2 keto cheese burgers.
Calories: 730 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Fiber: 0,7 g | Net Carbs: 3,3 g |Protein: 57 g | Fat: 51,5 g
For the bun:
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
For the patties :
- 2 patties of ground beef
- pinch Italian seasoning
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbs of grass fed butter
Assembling the burger:
- 1 tomato
- some lettuce
- sugar free ketchup
- 2 slices of cheese (mozzarella, gouda, or cheddar)
- Start by preparing the buns. Add the cheddar cheese, eggs and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl en mix well.
- Cook 1/4 of the mixture in the mini waffle maker.
- Do this 3 times more, until you have 4 buns.
- Now it’s time to cook the burger patties. Start by seasoning them with the Italian seasoning, Himalayan salt and black pepper.
- Add the butter to a pan and let it melt.
- When the butter is melted, cook the burgers. You can choose how long you cook them, depending on your preference (rare, medium rare or well done). When they’re almost done, place a slice of cheese on each burger so it can melt on top.
- While the burgers are cooking, assemble the buns.
- Add the lettuce. Cut the tomato in slices, and place on top of the lettuce.
- When the burgers are cooked, place them top of the vegetables and add the ketchup. Place the other bun on top.