Looking for a substitute for mac & cheese that is keto friendly? Look no further, because with this recipe, you’ll have the cheesiest dish you ever had. We’ll substitute the pasta with cauliflower. I know it’s not the same, but I promise it tastes great!
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 20-25 minutes to cook. You will have around 8 portions.
Nutrition per portion:
Calories: 520 kcal | Carbohydrates: 6,5 g | Fiber: 1,5 g | Net Carbs: 5 g |Protein: 15 g | Fat: 46 g
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese + extra to sprinkle on top
- 2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 slices of bacon
- Dash of dried or fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Break up a head of cauliflower into florets and add to boiling water. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain cauliflower in a colander and set aside.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, add the butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon. Don’t overcook it, because in the oven it will cook further. When ready, set aside.
- Add the cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, nutmeg, paprika powder and garlic powder to the creamy sauce. Let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and the cooked cauliflower florets. Mix everything together and transfer the mixture to a large baking dish.
- Slice the fried bacon in small pieces, and sprinkle on top together with some grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes art 350F / 180C until the top is golden brown. Sprinkle som parsley on top for garnishing.
For our Dutch speaking Keto Fans: