I used to love having my donut(s) in the weekend for breakfast. But now I can’t get over these. They taste to good and only have 2g net carbs per donut!
This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 22-25 minutes to cook. You will have 8 donuts.
Nutrition per portion (1 donut):
Calories: 152 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.7 g | Fiber: 1.8g | Net Carbs: 1.9g |Protein: 5.3 g | Fat: 18 g
for the donuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs psyllium husk
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
for the chocolate glaze
- 2 Tbs coconut oil or butter
- 2 Tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbs powdered erythritol
- Optional 2 drops of liquid stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients: almond flour, granulated erythritol, baking powder, psyllium husk and Himalayan salt. Mix everything well and set aside.
- In a seperate bowl add all the wet ingredients: melted butter, unsweetened almond milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix everything well with a whisk.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix everything together with a spatula until you have a smooth batter.
- Put the batter in a piping bag, cut of the tip and fill up the doughnut pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let cool until you can take the doughnuts easily out of the pan.
For the glazing:
- In a small bowl, add the melted coconut oil (or butter) and add the cacao powder, erythritol and stevia.
- Mix everything together until you have a smooth consistency.
- Take a donut and dip it in the glazing. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
For our Dutch speaking fans: