Since our family is not that big, and a complete pumpkin pie would be too much, I decided to make some little ones. I found these small pie moulds that are prefect for it. My daughter loved it! She seemed to be a big fan of the pumpkin spice season.
RECIPE FOR 4 SMALL PIES
For the crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs granulated erythritol
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
For the pie filling
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup golden erythritol
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice*
*If you don’t have pumpkin spice, you can use:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 175 °C.
- Start by preparing the crust. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix.
- Devide the dough into 4 small crust moulds, press well against the edges.
- Bake the moulds with dough in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the crust starts to look golden.
- Take the crusts out of the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the pie filling. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and fill up the pies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until filling is slightly jiggly in the middle and crust is golden.
- Let the pies cool down for another hour before serving.
For my Dutch keto fam: