If you liked the stuffed bell peppers recipe I posted in the past, you’re in for a treat with this one! These are just amazing!
Instead of stuffing the bellpeppers with just the seasoned ground beef, like I did before, I actually cooked the ground beef with tomatosauce first and then stuffed the bellpepers. Then I added a layer of cream cheese and added some mozarella cheese on top (just like I do with the keto lasagna) which makes them nice and moist. Absolutely delish!
- 2 large bell peppers
- 17 oz. ground beef
- 1 onion, cut in small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 4-6 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley to garnish
- Cut the bell peppers in half and take out the seeds.
- Prepare the ground beef: in a large pot, melt the butter on medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic. When the onion starts to glaze, add the ground beef. Break up the meat as is cooks, and add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.
- When the meat is ready, preheat the oven to 400 F and line out a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Stuff the bell pepper with the meat and top them off with the cream cheese. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top and bake them in the oven for around 20 minutes, until the tops start to brown.
- Garnish with some fresh or dried parsley.
RECOMMENDED COOKING TOOLS
Silicone baking sheets