I was in the mood for some coconut with chocolate, so what better way to combine them into a bounty candy that is actually keto friendly?! This recipe is so easy to prepare, and I have to say I was quite amazed by how this turned out!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs coconut cream (not milk!)
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 2 tbs coconut oil (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 cup keto friendly dark chocolate (I used Lily’s)
- Dash of Himalayan Salt
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients (except for the chocolate) and mix until you have a ‘dough’.
- Shape the coconut dough into small balls and place them on a plate or baking sheet. Let them rest in the freezer for about an hour (this will make sure the balls are hard, and won’t fall apart once you cover them with chocolate).
- Take the balls out of the freezer and melt the chocolate in a double boiler (which is a large pot filled with water and another smaller pot inside filled with the chocolate).
- Cover the coconut balls in chocolate and place them onto a baking sheet, when the chocolate is still melted, add some Himalayan salt on top.
- Place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes and enjoy!