Are you missing your pasta on the ketogenic diet? Then I have the perfect keto friendly replacement for you: Shirataki noodles!
Shirataki noodles are made from the Japanese konjac yam (aka Devil’s tongue or elephant yam), which is a fibrous root tuber and are almost zero carbs! Glucomannan is the starch extracted from the kojac yam which is formed into noodles.
Shirataki noodles are typically thin, translucent and gelatinous. Shirataki noodles are also known as miracle noodles. There are different kinds of shirataki noodles such as angel hair, fettuccini, linguini and even in rice form!
The best thing about these noodles is that they are so easy to prepare. They usually come in a bag. All you need to do is rinse them with water and they are ready to eat! They make a perfect fast meal. This shrimp recipe can be made in under 15 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. (full disclosure)
INGREDIENTS (2 portions)
- 2 bags of Shirataki Fettuccini
- 17 oz. fresh shrimp
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 onion, cut in small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- some dried parsley (optional)
- In a large non sticking pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Glaze the onion and minced garlic. Stir for one minute.
- Add the shrimp and the spices, stir for another minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and the heavy cream and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- In the meantime, rinse the shirataki fettuccini with hot water in a strainer. And place them on a plate, add the sauce on top and sprinkle some dried parsley to garnish.