Last year around this time I shared this recipe before. I love fall, and with fall come pumpkins. This year I decided to prepare this bread with butternut squash puree instead of pumpkin puree. For the reason being that butternut squash has a lower *glycemic index (51) than pumpkin (75).
This recipe contains cinnamon and I personally don’t like cinnamon, but my husband and daughter like it, so I added some pumpkin spice to it. This also means I don’t eat this bread, haha. But is does make the house smell really great, and I enjoy watching them savour the bread.
|* The Glycemic Index (GI) is a relative ranking of carbohydrate in foods according to how they affect blood glucose levels.Carbohydrates with a low GI value (55 or less) are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised and cause a lower and slower rise in blood glucose and, therefore insulin levels.|
RECIPE FOR 1 LOAF
- 1 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 3/4 cup Powdered Erythritol
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup Butternut squash puree (canned or fresh)
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Butter (you can use ghee or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
*If you don’t have pumpkin spice, you can use:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 175 °C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, so that the paper hangs over two opposite sides.
- In medium sized bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, powdered erythritol, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and Himalayan salt.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, the vanilla extract, the pumpkin puree, and eggs, one by one. Mix with a handmixer until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix well together with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the lined loaf pan and press evenly to make a smooth top. Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and press them lightly into the surface.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Recipe card in for my Dutch friends
This post may contain affiliate links.