If you watched instagramstory, you might have heard me mention I’m on a dairy free week this week. I’ve noticed some bloating, and skin break outs lately. So I am checking if it could be related to the dairy I’m consuming.
Don’t get me wrong, I love dairy! But if it doesn’t do me good, it might be better for me to consume less or avoid it.
Anyway, as always, when I make changes to my diet, I don’t want to compromise taste. The key to sticking to any lifestyle change is to find a way that is sustainable. As a foodie, I’m always trying out new recipes or find ways to create something that is works well for me, and that I can enjoy. So if you’re dairy free, like me this week, I recommend trying out this pizza.
This recipe makes 1 small pizza, but I couldn’t finish it, it’s very filling.
For the pizza crust:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
You can use your favourite pizza toppings, these are the ones I used:
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 can of tuna
- 1 egg
- oregano to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- arugula lettuce
- Start by making the crust.
- Preheat the oven at 220 C / 428 F. Line out a parchment paper on a baking tray to place to pizza on later.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients: coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and garlic powder. Mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl, and mix everything together until you have a firm dough. Knead it for another 2 minutes and form a ball.
- Place the ball on the parchment paper and press is down, shape it into the pizza form.
- When you have the desired form, bake the pizza crust in the oven for 20 minutes until it start to brown a little.
- Take the pizza crust out of the oven and add your pizza toppings. I used tomato paste, canned tuna, salt, pepper and oregano .
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top it off with some nutritional yeast if you like a cheese flavor, a fried egg and some arugula lettuce.
For my Dutch Keto Fam: